KrisFlyer Miles Credit Cards in Australia
KrisFlyer Credit Cards offered in Australia are designed for Australians whose preferred airline is Singapore Airlines, and who wish to earn KrisFlyer miles from their credit card spend, to accelerate their KrisFlyer Miles account balance.
No Australian credit cards currently have a direct partnership with Singapore Airlines and their KrisFlyer Miles program, though a number of credit card providers do offer the option to transfer rewards points from their programs to the Krisflyer Miles Program. So although you do not have the convenience of automatic point transfer to your KrisFlyer Account, these credit cards provide the ability to earn rewards from your credit card transactions which can then easily be transferred, as and when you like, to your KrisFlyer account. The transfer rates offered by each of the Krisflyer credit card providers who offer this transfer to KrisMiles are listed below, along with any conditions associated with making a points transfer.
Credit Card Reward Point transfer rates to KrisFlyer Miles
- American Express Membership Rewards: 1 Membership Rewards point is equal to 0.75 KrisFlyer Mile (A minimum of 5,000 points per redemption)
- Velocity Rewards: 1.35 Velocity Points is equal to 1 KrisFlyer Mile (A minimum of 5,000 points per redemption)
- Altitude Rewards from Westpac: 2 Altitude points is equal to 1 KrisFlyer Mile (A minimum of 3,000 Altitude points are required per redemption and can only be processed in multiples of 500 Altitude points)
- Citi Rewards: 2.5 Citi Rewards Points is equal to 1 KrisFlyer Mile (A minimum redemption of 15,000 Citi Rewards points)
- ANZ Rewards: 3 ANZ Rewards points are equal to 1 Krisflyer mile. There is a minimum transfer of 6,000 ANZ Rewards points (2,000 miles) and transfers must be made in 3,000 ANZ Rewards point increments.
Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Frequent Flyer Program
Singapore Airlines frequent flyer program is KrisMiles, which has been a firm favourate with Australian Frequent Flyers for many years due to Singapore Airlines frequent flights out of both Sydney and Melbourne airports, and their Global footprint which means members can use their KrisFlyer Miles for flights and upgrades to destinations covering 170 countries. KrisFlyer members are able to earn Miles when they fly, shop and stay with in excess of 140 partners.
KrisFlyer Membership and KrisFlyer Status levels
The KrisFlyer frequent flyer program is free to join and provides members with a range of flight related benefits on Singapore Airlines which include:
- Priority boarding
- Lounge access
- Increased baggage allowance
- Upgraded fares
The benefits which members recieve are determined by thier level of membership, which starts at Basic and goes through to Elite Silver and Gold. These levels are a reflection of the number of status credits earned, which can only be earned by flying with Singapore Airlines. The benefits for each level of membership are:
- KrisFlyer Basic level: Members are able to earn points to move to the Silver level
- KrisFlyer Elite Silver level: Priority reservation waiting list, priority airport standby and is focused on the frequent Business Traveller.
- KrisFlyer Elite Gold: All the benefits of the Silver Elite level plus a further range of benefits:
- Priority baggage handling
- Increased check-in baggage allowance
- Priority boarding
- Priority airport check-in
- Star Alliance lounge access
- Silk Air lounge access
KrisFlyer Miles - Earning & Expiry
You can earn KrisFlyer Miles by flying with Singapore Airlines or by making purchases with one of their many partners. The amount of points you earn on flights will be determined by your booking class and the distance travelled. KrisFlyer Miles expire after three years unless they are earned in a contest, in which case they last one year. KrisFlyer Miles which are approaching the 3 year expiry date can be saved by buying an extension to the life of the miles, this extension can be purchased, using KrisFlyer miles via the KrisFlyer online store.
Introductory Point Offers on Krisflyer Credit Cards
Many of the credit cards which offer reward points which can be redeemed for KrisFlyer Miles offer introductory offers in the form of bonus points to new customers. The introductory offers start from 5,000 reward points and go as high as 100,000 points. The current offers are previewed below with the bonus points available also shown as KrisFlyer Miles, by applying the redemption rates offered by each of the reward programs.
American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card Introductory Offer
5,000 Membership Rewards = 5,000 KrisFlyer Miles
Exceptional point earn rates up to 3 points per $1, plus complimentary insurances
Citi Rewards Signature Credit Card Introductory Offer
75,000 Citi Rewards = 30,000 KrisFlyer Miles offer closes 30th April 2017
Generous point earn rate, with no points cap and no points expiry, plus many platinum level benefits.
Citi Prestige Credit Card Introductory Offer
70,000 Citi Rewards = 28,000 KrisFlyer Miles offer closes 30th April 2017
Upto 55 Interest free days, exceptional point earn rates and complimentary insurances
American Express Velocity Platinum Credit Card Introductory Offer
50,000 Velocity Points = 37,000 KrisFlyer Miles
No points cap, complimentary insurance, exceptional point earn rates up to 3 points per $1
KrisFlyer Miles Credit Cards in Australia - Frequently Asked Questions
If you are a member of the KrisFlyer program, you can set up a link between your Velocity Account and KrisFlyer Accounts and convert Points and Miles between the frequent flyer programs. A minimum of 5,000 Velocity Points per conversion applies. Velocity Frequent Flyer and KrisFlyer members are able to convert their Points and Miles at a rate of 1.35 to 1.00.
It is free to join, there is no enrolment fee for joining the KrisFlyer program when you start to use your Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer credit card.