The American Express Velocity Platinum Credit Card
The American Express Velocity Platinum Credit Card is a feature packed premium card with exceptional reward point earn rates and an annual complimentary domestic flight with Virgin Australia.
Introductory Offer: 100,000 Velocity Points
Offer conditions: PARTNER EXCLUSIVE INTRODUCTORY OFFER of 100,000 bonus Velocity Points when you apply online by 29 January 2018, are approved and spend $1,500 on your new Card within the first 3 months. This offer is available to new Card Members, as well as Bank-issued American Express companion cardholders.*
Key features of The American Express Velocity Platinum Credit Card
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers for the first 12 months - to help you save on interest repayments and pay your other balances sooner. A one-off 1% credit plan establishment fee applies and you can transfer up to 70% of your approved credit limit to a maximum of $10,000. This offer is for new applicants only.
- Virgin Australia Lounges - Two complimentary Single Entry passes to the Virgin Australia lounge each year at selected domestic airports
- Receive 100 Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits - when you spend a minimum of $50,000 within your Membership year
- Complimentary domestic return flight with Virgin Australia - to selected cities, now and every year after your first Card spend, subject to terms and conditions featured below.
- Interest Free days - Up to 55 days on purchases
- Supplementary cards - Pay no annual card fee for Supplementary Cards all of which earn points to your account.
- Eligible for use with Android Pay, Apple Pay and Samsung Pay
- No points cap on the amount of Velocity Points you can earn
- Automatic Points Transfer - Each month any points earned will be automatically transferred to your linked Velocity Frequent Flyer Account
- Exceptional reward point earn rates - Earn 1.5 Velocity Points per $1 spent, except government bodies where you will earn 0.5 Velocity Points per $1 spent. Earn 1 additional Velocity Point per $1 spent on selected purchases with Virgin Australia
When you pay for your travel on your American Express Velocity Platinum credit card you and your family will benefit from a generous suite of insurances, for full details check out clause 8 in the card terms and conditions:
- Domestic and International Travel Insurance
- Travel Inconvenience Insurance - covering you for flight delays, missed connections or delayed luggage
American Express World-class Service
American Express Velocity Platinum credit card is packaged with a generous range of services:
- Access your account wherever you are in the world - via mobile phone, laptop or desktop computer
- Stay organised - American Express provides online tools to view transactions, schedule payments, set up email or text message reminders for payments and keep tabs on your Qantas points
- Online Fraud Protection Guarantee - you won't be held responsible for any unauthorised charges online as long as you notify American Express immediately upon discovery of the fraudulent transactions
- Global Card Support - account assistance any time of the day or night
- Refund Protection - American Express will credit your account if you are refused a refund on an unused eligible item within 90 days of purchase
- Purchase Protection - repairs or replaces eligible items if they are accidentally broken or stolen within 90 days of purchase
- Emergency Card replacement - If your card is lost or stolen, you can be rest assured as American Express can usually have it replaced within 48 hours, virtually anywhere in the world
*Bonus & Eligibility. The Exclusive Partner Offer of 100,000 bonus Velocity Points offer is only available to new American Express Card Members who apply online via this landing page by 29 January 2018 and are approved. To earn 100,000 Velocity Points, Card Members must spend $1,500 on eligible purchases on their new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited, in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for the Velocity Points offer. Previous and existing bank-issued American Express companion cardholders are eligible for this offer (cards issued by: Australia New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, National Australia Bank, Westpac Banking Corporation). Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller’s cheques and foreign currencies. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer.
|Card Provider||American Express|
|Card Type||American Express|
|Instant Approval||Yes in 60 seconds|
|Age To Apply||18|
|Temporary Residents||Yes with 457 Visa|
|Min. Credit Limit||$3000|
|Purchase Rate||20.74% p.a.|
|Cash Advance Rate||-|
|Balance Transfer Rate||0.00|
|Balance Transfer Rate||0.00|
|Balance Transfer Period||12 months|
|Balance Transfer Fee||1.00%|
|Introductory Offer||100,000 Velocity points are on offer when you spend $1,500 on your new card within 3 months of opening the account|
|Offer End Date||29th January 2018|
|Rewards Program||Velocity Frequent Flyer Program|
|Rewards Points||Earn 1.5 Velocity Points per $1 spent, except government bodies where you will earn 0.5 Velocity Points per $1 spent|
|Fees and Terms|
|Interest Free Period||Up to 55 days|
|Min. Monthly Repayment||$30|
|Balance Transfer Fee||1.00%|
|Over Limit Fee||$30|
|Duplicate Statement Fee||$10|
|Interest Charged From||Purchase date|
|Late Payment Fee||$30|
|Min. Repayment %||2.5|
|Max. Credit Limit||$100000|
|Cash Advance Fee||-|
|Additional Card Holder Fee||$0.00|
|Travel and Insurance|
|Foreign Currency Conversion fee||3% of transaction value|
|Overseas ATM withdrawal fee||-|
|Complimentary Travel Insurance||When you pay for your travel on your American Express Velocity Platinum Card you and your family will benefit from a generous suite of insurances. Full details below. Domestic and International Travel Insurance Travel Inconvenience Insurance - covering you for flight delays, missed connections or delayed luggage|
Terms and Conditions: Read the Terms and Conditions for the American Express Velocity Platinum Credit Card
The complimentary domestic economy Virgin Australia return flight is available between selected Australian cities and is available for booking by American Express Velocity Platinum Card members after your first Card spend in the first year, and then after your first Card spend each year after the anniversary of your Card membership. All flights are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor American Express guarantee that seats or tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available. Route availability is subject to change without notice. The complimentary flight is not eligible for Velocity Points and/or Status Credits earn. Booking is subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here and Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage available at virginaustralia.com.
Purchase protection covers eligible items you have purchased with your American Express Velocity Platinum Credit Card. If they're stolen, lost or damaged within 90 days of the purchase date, they'll either be repaired or refunded.
If you try to return an unused eligible item that you purchased with your American Express Velocity Platinum Card within 90 days of the date of purchase on your Card and the establishment refuses to take it back, we'll refund the purchase price.
Online fraud protection guarantee
Shop online with confidence, because with our Online Fraud Protection Guarantee, you won't be held responsible for any unauthorised charges made without your knowledge while shopping on the internet.
Complimentary Domestic & International Travel Insurance
Here are just some of the insurance benefits you and your family could receive when you pay for travel with your American Express Velocity Platinum Credit Card:
- Overseas Medical Emergency Expenses and Repatriation - up to $2,500,000
- Travel Cancellation - up to $12,500
- Baggage, Money and Documents Cover - up to $10,000
- Personal Liability Cover - up to $2,000,000
- Transport Accident Cover - up to $400,000
Travel Inconvenience Cover
When you pay for travel with your Card or redeem your complimentary flight, you'll have the reassurance of knowing you're covered for Travel Delay, Missed Connections and Luggage Delay.
What happens when I click "Go to site"?
A: You commence a secure application process as follows:
- Clicking Go to site will direct you to the providers web site
- Complete the online application on the providers web site
- Once approved, the Provider will issue your new credit card, this takes around 1-2 weeks.