Coles Credit Card Offers
Coles entered the credit card market in 2012 and immediately challenged for the position of the best value credit cards. The Coles Credit Cards have now become firmly established as featuring some of the strongest offers in the market for both rates, fees and rewards.
Each of the Cole Credit Cards reward cardholders with Flybuy Points for spend at Coles Supermarkets, with a couple of the credit cards rewarding all everyday spend, no matter where the coles credit card is used. Coles focusses on keeping the credit cards competitive with a balance transfer promotion on each of the coles credit cards.
Coles Credit Card Offers
Each of the Coles Credit Cards are designed to deliver market leading value whilst rewarding card holders with discounts on their shopping. Current Coles credit card offers include a No annual fee credit card, a low rate credit card and a Rewards focused credit card with high flybuy point earn rate.
The features of the Coles credit card that deliver this market leading value are common across each of the credit cards:
- Instant discount at Coles Checkouts - As a Coles Insurance or Coles Credit Card customer you have the option to take $10 off your Coles Supermarket shop, instantly at the till, every time you redeem 2,000 flybuys points. This feature has proved extremely popular with flybuy members, with millions of redemptions now occuring each year at the Coles checkout.
- Accelerated Flybuy Point earn rates - Each of the Coles Credit Cards, when used at the Coles checkout to pay for your shopping increases your point earn rate from the standard earn rate to either 1.5 times faster earning with the Coles No Annual Fee Credit Card or 3 x faster with the Coles Rewards MasterCard.
- Flybuy Point point Multiplier - To increase your earn rate to as much as 6 x the standard Flybuy earn rate at the Coles Check out purchase a Coles Insurance Product
- Coles online free delivery for Coles Credit Card customers - Free delivery every time you spend $100 or more and pay with your Coles Credit Card at Coles online
Multi award winning Coles Credit Cards
Since launching in 2012 the Coles Credit Cards have been recognized by both Money Magazine and Canstar in their annual awards for Australian Credit Cards
Money Magazine - In 2015 & 2014 Coles Credit Cards where named the Best Non-Bank Transaction Credit Card and Best Non-Bank Rewards Credit Card
Canstar - In 2013, 2014 & 2015 Coles Credit Cards where awarded 5 stars for Outstanding Value Credit Card and Outstanding Value Rewards Credit Card
Peace of mind with multiple security features
- The Coles Credit Cards come with a promise of 24 hour, worldwide protection thanks to the raft of security features:
- Falcon™ fraud management system identifies unusual activity on your credit card and alerts you of this by sending you an SMS message so you can validate the transaction or report it as suspicious.
- The in-built chip protects your personal details.
- Coles Credit Card help phone lines are available 24/7, 365 days a year, worldwide to report fraud or lost and stolen cards.
- MasterCard Zero Liability Guarantee protects your credit card from fraudulent or unauthorised transactions.
Transfer Balances to your Coles Credit Card
You can apply for a balance transfer to your Coles Credit Card anytime once your account is set up and linked to your on line account. A Balance Transfer request can either be made through the Coles Customer Care team or by filling in a balance transfer request via the Balance Transfer PDF available on the Coles MasterCard website. The balance transfer promotional rate is subject to the current offer available at the time and can take up to 15 working days to be processed
Applying for a Coles Credit Card
Prior to commencing your on line application for a Coles Credit Card you will need to pull together some information on yourself and your current financial circumstances, here’s a checklist of the information you’ll need to hand when making your application:
- Personal information -To verify your identity you will need either a drivers license or a passport.
- Contact Details - You will need to confirm your residential address, email address and a phone number, which can be a mobile number.
- Income - Details of your current income from employment, investments and other sources will be requested
- Expenses - Details of your monthly expenses will need to be confirmed to include any mortgage payments, rent, living expenses and any loan repayments.
- Existing credit cards - If you are seeking to transfer your existing credit card balance to a Coles credit card under a balance transfer promotion, you will need to supply the current credit card number and amount you want to transfer from these accounts.
Coles MasterCard range of Credit Cards
Coles MasterCard offers three credit cards: a No Annual Fee credit card, a Rewards credit card and the latest addition, a Low Rate credit card. All the Coles credit cards include rewards, with Flybuy points being earned when you make any eligible purchases.
The Low rate credit card from Coles is a cost-effective option for cardholders who regularly do not pay off their credit card bill in full each month. The Coles Low Rate MasterCard features a competitive purchase interest rate and one of the longest interest free periods on purchases in the market, at 62 days, so long as your balance is repaid in full each month. The Coles Low Rate credit card is linked with the flybuys loyalty program, enabling customers to earn Flybuy points as they make purchases with their credit card. The Flybuy point earn rate is 1 Flybuy point for every $2 you spend in Coles Supermarkets.
The No Annual Fee credit card from Coles is one of those rare reward credit cards that makes the promise that they will never charge an annual card fee. The card features a Flybuy point earn rate of 1 point for every $2 you spend. Everywhere, every day. The option to upgrade to a Platinum version of this No Annual Fee card maybe offered if your credit limit is set at application in excess of $6,000. This Platinum No Annual Fee MasterCard from Coles features all the benefits of the standard card plus a couple of additional services.
The Reward Card offered by Coles focuses on delivering the highest Flybuy earn rate at 2 points for every dollar you spend, everywhere, every day. This higher earn rate comes at cost with an annual card fee of $89 p.a. The option to upgrade to a Platinum Coles Reward Card maybe offered if your application results in a credit limit in excess of $6,000. This Platinum Reward MasterCard from Coles features all the benefits of the standard card plus a couple of additional services.
Coles Credit Card flybuy point earn rates
|Coles Credit Card||Flybuy earn rate everywhere||Flybuy earn rate at Flybuy Partners||More Info|
|Coles Low Rate MasterCard||1 point per $2 spend at Coles Supermarkets||n/a||Card Review >>|
|Coles Reward MasterCard||2 points per $1 spent anywhere||2 points for every $1 spent on top of the usual Flybuy points||Card Review >>|
|Coles Platinum Reward MasterCard||2 points for every $1 spent anywhere||2 points for $1 spent on top of the usual Flybuy points||Card Review >>|
|Coles No Annual Fee MasterCard||1 point for every $2 spent anywhere||1 point for every $2 spent on top of the usual Flybuy points||Card Review >>|
|Coles No Annual Fee Platinum MasterCard||1 point for every $1 spent anywhere||1 point for every $2 spent on top of the usual Flybuy points||Card Review >>|
How do I qualify to apply for a Coles Credit Card?
Answer yes to these 5 questions and you are eligible to apply for any of the Coles Credit Card Offers:
- I am over 18 years of age
- I have a good credit score
- I have a minimum post tax income of $15,000 p.a.
- I am a permanent Australian resident or have a 457 Visa
- I am the main household income earner (recommended)
Coles Credit Card Offers - Frequently Asked Questions
You can get a $10 discount as many times as you like, whenever you have at least 2,000 points in your FlyBuys account. However, you can only claim the $10 discount once per shop. The $10 discount feature excludes Coles Express and Coles Online. The minimum spend is $10.05 after savings and discounts in one transaction at Coles Supermarkets and BI-LO (excluding smoking/tobacco related product purchases, Coles Group gift cards and iTunes cards).
Yes you can still retain this Flybuys account. When you apply, you should provide your current FlyBuys membership number. If you are approved, your new credit card will be automatically linked to your FlyBuys membership account. Your coles credit card can replace your FlyBuys membership card, or you can continue to use both cards, which are linked to the same FlyBuys membership account.
Yes, whenever your additional authorised cardholders make eligible purchases they earn points which are added to your FlyBuys account. Up to 8 additional card holders are allowed on Coles Credit cards.
What is the Coles MasterCard Promotion Code?
Coles have recently added a "Promotion Code" section to their Coles MasterCard online application process, which suggests their maybe additional offers available when this code is presented during the application process.
This promotion code is relevant only to Coles team members. When the code is entered into the application the Coles employee gets the annual card fee waived - as long as you remain employed with them.
Do you need a promotion code for the offer to continue with an application?
No. If you are not eligible for the promotion code, you can simply scroll down the page, check the confirmation button, and hit next to continue with your application.
You can make a payment to your Coles Credit Card using the following payment methods:
Kmart & Target - You can make a payment to your Coles MasterCard in person at any Target or Kmart outlet. To make apyamnet you will need to take along your Coles MasterCard and your credit card statement to the checkout where you can pay using EFTPOS or cash.
Direct debit - By completing and sending in a direct debit request form (available from the Coles website), you can automatically pay your Coles MasterCard when your statement is issued. You have the option of paying just the minimum monthly repayment, a specified amount or you can automatically pay your entire balance each month. You need to pay your Coles MasterCard from another bank’s transaction or savings account.
BPAY - Log on to your internet banking facility and pay your Coles MasterCard using BPAY. The Coles MasterCard BPAY Biller Code is 8862 and your customer reference number is your 16 digit Coles MasterCard account number. Because you’re transferring between banks (from your bank to Coles), BPAY payments are only processed during business hours and can take up to three business days to process. Transactions made over the weekend and on public holidays may take a little longer to process.
At an Australia Post retail outlet - Pay your credit card in person by taking your Coles MasterCard statement to an Australia Post retail outlet. Remember that there’s a small fee if you want to pay your Coles MasterCard in person at Australia Post.
By cheque - You can find a payment slip issued with you Coles MasterCard statement. Detatch this off and send it with a cheque to GE Capital Finance Australia, GPO Box 236E, Melbourne, VIC, 8111.