ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Credit Card Offers
ANZ offer a trio of Qantas Frequent Flyer linked credit cards (Black, Platinum and Classic), which generally include a generous introductory offer of bonus Qantas points for new applicants.
Each of ANZ Qantas Frequent Flyer Credit Cards are companion cards, so cardholders will hold both an American Express and a Visa card to ensure you’ll always have a credit card which is accepted, combined with the ability to maximize all Qantas Point earning opportunities.
The ANZ Black Qantas Frequent Flyer Credit Card is the most premium Qantas credit card offered by ANZ, with a $75,000 minimum income requirement for applicants and an annual credit card fee of $425.
As a premium reward card it boasts a high Qantas Point earn rate, on the American Express card of 1.5 points per $1 spent and on the Visa card, this is less competitive, at 1.5 Qantas points for every $2 spent. You’ll also get an extra point per $1 spent with Qantas, and there’s no maximum points cap on the card.
A valuable benefit is the Qantas Club Membership offer - which could save up to $455 in your first year of membership when you use your ANZ Frequent Flyer Black card to purchase your Qantas Club membership.
Qantas Club members enjoy priority check-in, additional luggage allowance and unlimited access to Qantas Club Lounges around the world. You could enjoy your first year of Qantas Club membership for just $400 using the aforementioned offer (usually $855 for first year), plus save $85 each year on Qantas Club membership renewals and pay only $400 each year.
Continuing the theme of providing premium Qantas related services ANZ Black Frequent Flyer Card holders may also benefit from two Qantas Club invites for domestic Qantas Club or International Business Class lounge access.
The range of benefits continues with:
- Unlimited access to participating airport lounges outside Australia, through Veloce regardless of airline or fare.
- Comprehensive overseas travel and medical insurance provided by QBE
- Personal Concierge service
- Experience premium travel privileges from American Express entré
- Other useful travel insurances - Rental Excess Cover, Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance and Transport Accident Cover
The ANZ Qantas Platinum credit card is a premium card with a $295 p.a. card fee and, a $50,000 minimum income requirement for applicants.
The Qantas Point earn rate is a solid at 1.5 Qantas points per $1 on the American Express card, and a less appealing 1 point per $2 spent on the Visa card.
The ANZ Qantas Platinum credit card does have a points cap set at $6,000 on each of the American Express and Visa cards per month, which once reached no additional Qantas Points will be earned, although bonus points on Qantas spend is exempt from these caps, this essentially equates to a maximum point earning opportunity of 12,000 Qantas Points.
The range of benefits continues with:
- Overseas Travel and Medical
- Rental Excess Cover
- Personal Concierge booking service
- 90-day Purchase Security Insurance on most items bought with your credit cards.
- Extended Warranty
- Best Price Guarantee Scheme
- Transport Accident Cover when travelling on a plane, tourist bus, train or ferry paid for with your Platinum credit card
- Interstate Flight Inconvenience Insurance
- Exclusive offers and benefits with entré for ANZ Frequent Flyer Platinum American Express cardholders
- Access to Visa Platinum Concierge and Visa Platinum privileges
The standard or Classic ANZ Qantas Frequent Flyer Credit Card has a $95 annual card fee, with a competitive 1 Qantas Point per $1 earned on the American Express credit card, and a less appealing 1 point per $2 on the Visa credit card.
The card features a $3,000 points cap on the American Express and Visa cards per month, after which no Qantas Points will be earned, though bonus points on Qantas spend is exempt from the cap. This equates to a maximum point earning opportunity of 4,500 Qantas Points per month.
The range of benefits, given the $95 annual card fee are generous and include:
- Up to 44 days interest free - on purchases
- ANZ Falcon™ - delivering advanced, around-the-clock monitoring for suspicious transactions. You won't be liable for fraudulent transactions on your ANZ credit card account with ANZ’s Fraud Money Back Guarantee.
- Worldwide emergency credit card replacement
- Visa PayWave - For payments under $100, simply tap and go with your card. No need to sign or enter a PIN
- Visa Entertainment - access to special events, exclusive merchandise packages and home entertainment products
- Convenient ways to bank - ANZ Phone, Internet, or Mobile Banking
- eDine® - Access to over 2000 special dining and hotel offers
- ANZ Wine Club - Great discounts, special offers and advice for wine lovers
- Complimentary Qantas Frequent Flyer membership - saving $89.50
7,500 Velocity Points Full Card Details >>
Annual fee $0, No points cap, and low income eligibility of $40,000 p.a.
10,000 Qantas Points, offer closes 31st July 2016 Full Card Details >>
Annual Fee $65, upto 44 interst free days and low income eligibility at $40,000 p.a.
50,000 Qantas Points Full Card Details >>
Annual fee $450, No points cap, Complimentary Insurances
50,000 Velocity Points Full Card Details >>
ANZ Frequent Flyer Visa Credit Card Offers - Frequently Asked Questions
Your Qantas Points are credited to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account within 48 hours of the date that your ANZ credit card statement is sent to you each month.
Balance transfers resulting from certain promotional balance transfer offers attract a one-off Balance Transfer Fee. The Balance Transfer Fee will be calculated as a percentage of the balance being transferred to your ANZ credit card account. Where such a fee is applicable, this will be identified in the terms and conditions relating to the promotional balance transfer offer.
A 1% Balance Transfer Fee is also applicable to all standard (ie non promotional) balance transfers on an ANZ Balance Visa credit card account.
A late payment fee of $20 may be added to your account if you do not pay at least the minimum monthly payment as shown on your statement of account by the due date.
Government legislation requires ANZ, like all other credit card issuers, to include the 'minimum repayment warning' in each statement of account to highlight certain impacts of only making the Minimum Monthly Payment shown as being required in that statement and to provide an estimate of how much you might need to repay each month to pay off your Closing Balance in around 2 years. This guide will appear on all credit card statements of account, even if you pay the full Closing Balance or have a low Closing Balance.
If your credit card account has interest free periods on purchases, you can avoid paying interest on the purchases balance by always paying the full Closing Balance shown on each statement of account by the applicable Due Date.
If you don't pay the full Closing Balance shown on a statement of account by the applicable Due Date, the purchases balance will attract interest. However, you may regain the benefit of interest free periods on purchases by paying the full Closing Balance shown on two subsequent consecutive statements by each applicable Due Date.
A rewards guide is distributed with your Reward Points statement each month.
Current Bonus Partners are also available online on the ANZ Rewards - Rewards Program website